Summary Plan Description
- Correction to the TMRP Summary Plan Description
Application for Pension
- If you are an active union member, forward your completed pension application to your local union office for certification (not to the Plan Office). All other completed applications should be mailed directly to the Plan Office
- Be sure all signatures are completed; without all signatures your Pension Application cannot be processed
- Be sure to attach all required documents
- Be sure to complete your Beneficiary Designation
Important: If you retire on a Joint and Survivor Pension, further reduced so that it will “pop-up” to the original amount if your spouse should predecease you, you must contact the Plan Office if your spouse dies. Otherwise, your pension will not pop-up to the original amount (even though you paid for the protection) because the Plan will not have the needed information.
Change of Address Form
- Submit this form immediately if you move. Otherwise, important Plan documents including tax information will not reach you timely.
- As permitted by IRS, the Plan is continuing to request that Members complete the 2023 Form W-4P, not the 2022 Form.
- By choosing single or married status, with allowances (line #2), the current IRS tax table will be utilized to determine the amount of federal tax to be withheld (consult IRS Pub. 15-T). Or, you may choose a dollar amount you would like withheld by writing that amount or a percentage on Line 3.
Change of Beneficiary Form
- When completing your Beneficiary Designation Form, be sure to list all of your intended Beneficiaries including your Spouse, if he or she is an intended Beneficiary. If you list Beneficiaries other than your Spouse, and you do not name your Spouse, any Death Benefit that becomes payable will be paid to your named Beneficiaries, not to your Spouse.
- If you intend for your Spouse to be your primary Beneficiary, be sure to list him or her as your primary Beneficiary especially if you list others as contingent Beneficiaries.
- You can update your Beneficiary Designation at any time.
- You must SIGN and date your Beneficiary Designation and have it WITNESSED by someone other than your Beneficiary.
- If your Beneficiary Designation is not signed and witnessed, it will be invalid and cannot be recognized by the Plan.